Happy Wednesday! You guys are in for treat today!
I’m so excited to share this recipe from the amazing and talented, Andrea Bemis, with Dishing Up The Dirt! This is a treat for mama and the kiddies. You can find this recipe among many amazing tasty treats in her new cookbook, Dishing Up The Dirt. I first heard about Andrea on the Jessica Murnane’s podcast, One Part Podcast. This lady not only knows her way around a farm but is considered an expertise in the kitchen. Her recipes has helped me become more familiar with recipes I never would have thought cooking with, let alone, it turning out amazing! But after listening to her on Jessica’s podcast, I am now looking into my local CSA to become more familiar with the farmers in my area to not only support local but really get a sense of what is being grown in my neck of the woods. Check out her website that houses a ton of different and exciting recipes, her Farm Diaries are a great read. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a huge fan!
Chocolate Cardamom Oat Bites
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 0 minutes Serves: 12 bites
- 1 cup firmly packed Medjool dates, pitted (if they aren’t super soft or seem dry soak them in boiling water for 10 minutes)
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashew butter (can sub almond butter or peanut butter)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats (GF if necessary)
- Place all the ingredients, minus the oats, in a food processor. Process until a ball of dough forms. Taste test and adjust flavors as necessary.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add half of the rolled oats. Mix well with a wooden spoon or your bare hands (the mixture will be sticky but that’s totally fine!) Add the remaining oats and continue to work them in until well combined.
- Roll the dough into about 12 small balls and store in the fridge until ready to eat.
*Use this recipe as a guide *Adjust measurements and ingredients as necessary *Taste test as you go
A farmer turned foodie, Andrea Bemis is truly manifesting the farm-to-table lifestyle. Here she shares her delicious recipe creations and adventures on her farm in Parkdale, Oregon. Read about her Andrea’s story HERE.
Where else to find Andrea and Dishing Up the Dirt//
Website// Dishing Up the Dirt
Facebook// Dishing Up The Dirt
Instagram// Dishing Up the Dirt
Pinterest// Dishing Up The Dirt
Twitter// Dishing Up The Dirt